Social Ministry is a technical and holistic approach to implement our Charism of “Planting the Church where it has not been planted and bring it to fulfillment where it is already planted”. Some Members of this Congregation are trained as Social Ministers. They are dedicated to the holistic development of a human person by advocating for human dignity through the promotion of Social Justice and option for the poor. The Evangelizing Sisters of Mary who are trained in Social Ministry mainly work with Vulnerable Children such as Orphans, poor children in the Slums; HIV/AIDS affected and infected children and adult, People with Disabilities, Single Mothers, widows/widowers and the poor both in Slums and rural set up.
The key support sector of Human Promotion in Social Ministry as a means of implementation of our Charism covers the following sectors:
- Education support for orphans and vulnerable children – Early Childhood Development.
- Healthcare– HIV and AIDS interventions.
- Economic empowerment – support to vulnerable households with Income Generating Activities ( IGAs)
- Psychosocial support – counseling, home visits, referrals.
- Child Protection – facilitate civil registration, temporal adoption as well as working with stakeholders like children department & police on issues pertaining to child welfare.
- Food security/ nutrition – imparting practical/modern methods of food production/ post-harvest management. Also community education on nutrition
A Social Minister with the physically challenged Children at John Paul II Home – Lokichar Turkana family
- << Prev